"What you need to know before purchasing a Memorial Grave Stone"
The sky is the limit when you let Vermont Granite Works help you in the design of your family memorial whether it is a memorial or for a family member who has passed. We will help make the process of designing your family memorial easier for you.
- Have you purchased your cemetery lot?
- What are the rules and regulations of your cemetery?
Ask the caretaker of the cemetery if you do not know.
- What type of memorial do you want to have?
Check our memorial page for ideas. Go to Memorial Page
- What stone would you like to use and what color granite would you like on your memorial?
Vermont Granite Works uses only memorial grade granite for all our colors. Go to Color Chart
- What finish would you like on your memorial stone?
Note: Polished granite stays the cleanest.
- What do you want engraved on your memorial stone: a design, inscriptions, porcelain portrait?
Ask us for ideas.
- Do you want a sandblast engraved stone or do you want a laser etched or hand etched stone?
Black granite polished is best for laser etching. We can do glass art on light colored granite which is a technique similar to laser etching.
- Does your cemetery install the cement footing?
Vermont Granite Works can provide service for installation and shipping of your granite memorial just ask us.